Thursday, March 1, 2012

The importance of art


I just wanted to share a little bit of my thoughts on photography as an art. Photography is an expression of art. All photographers have their own style. Some are struggling to find their own style but they find it in time. I know that my style is getting more refined every day. 

For me, I feel like my style is more "real". I try not to overly edit (which I admit I've done in the past - I look back now at those edits and are embarrassed by them, but I was learning). I try to keep images clean and fresh looking. One of my main reasons for doing this is to preserve these images in their reality. I'm not super trendy and I don't have a huge fashion sense.. my taste for clothing is very simple and clean. I want my photography to reflect that. I want my clients to be able to look back at their photos from me and not feel embarrassed by the "old school", "ghetto", or "2010" look of their photos. My goal is to have these photos last through time. I want these photos to be able to last very long on my client's walls. I don't want to be laughable in the future because of the silly props I used or even editing I used. That is why I go for a clean, fresh, real look in my photos.

Photography is super important to me. It is my passion. I love to capture faces. Real faces. And true personalities. Before I became a photographer I was lucky to have the importance of photographs instilled within me. When I got married I told my parents that I wanted a certain photographer because he reflected the clean, fresh style that I am drawn to, but also because he knew what he was doing and had a track record of successful photographs. He was over $2000 dollars. And well worth it. That is the ONLY thing I specifically asked for in my wedding planning: great photography. I got it (I have awesome parents!). And I love my results and quality I received from those photographs. 

Please don't skimp on your photographs. Don't put them off because it's too expensive. It. is. worth. it. I promise. You won't regret it.


No comments:

Post a Comment